Halloween is a fun day to add some creativity into your social media posts. You don’t need to go overboard, simply adding some Halloween aspects onto your logo or changing up your Facebook cover might be all you want to do.
If you want to add a little more fun into your social media marketing, here are 13 easy Halloween social media marketing ideas. (ok, there might be more than 13, but it’s Halloween, I wanted to use the number 13!)
Online trick or treating fun
This could be a really fun and easy to way to collaborate, gain more social media followers, and more customers into your business.
Collaborate with a few local businesses and do an online trick or treating giveaway! Each business shares a coupon or discount on their page and lets their followers know the other businesses that are involved.
This is a great way to collaborate plus get some more new social media followers.
To get more people into your location, tell social media fans that you are giving away more coupons, prizes, and treats at your location. Everyone who comes into your location, tell them about the other businesses participating. You could even create a trick or treat map to giveaway, highlighting the businesses to visit.
Support a cause
The teal pumpkin project launched in 2014 and is focused on offering options to kids who have food allergies.
Team up with other local businesses and support the teal pumpkin project to offer fun Halloween treat alternatives for kids who have allergies.
How can your business participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project?
- Paint your pumpkin teal and display it outside your business,
- Provide alternative treats for trick-or-treaters like books or tattoos,
- Download and display a poster/sign in your window (Grab a free printable here)
Run a photo contest
Using a service like Woobox or Gleam you could run a really cool contest on social media. Depending on your business, customers could share a photo of themselves dressed up, photos of their home, or even their pets in their costumes.
Ideas for Halloween photo contests:
- Post a photo of at least 3 team members dressed up for a chance to win a gift certificate or prize
- Share a photo of your home or business decorated for Halloween
- Post a photo of your pet dressed up
- Share a photo of your Halloween decorations
Get inspiration from Promo Republic
I love Promo Republic to get ideas for special events and holidays. Of course they have some amazing ideas for Halloween posts, contests and sales.
Say it in a GIF
No matter how you pronounce the word, GIFS are a quick and fun way to post on social media. You can find fun GIFS to share on social media at GIPHY.
You can also create your own GIF-type post by creating a Boomerang video on Instagram Stories, and then share on your other social media platforms.
Other Halloween social media ideas:
- Offer free Halloween-themed food
- Share a photo of your staff dressed up
- Post photos of your customers dressed up
- Share photos of your business decorated
- Share a fun Halloween story
- Create a funny Halloween spoof video
- Give out trick or treat bags to all customers
- Ask people to share the funniest costume they’ve seen
- Ask customers to share photos of their pets dressed up
Do you have any fun Halloween social media promotions? Share them with me below!